29 Dec 2009

A wet day, shopping

Neither of us is sleeping well this week for some reason, and subsequently we had a late  start today. I'd stupidly left my shaver at home, so the first stop was Boots at Hayle, thankfully free of bargain hunters for a change, where I picked up a cheap reserve travel shaver.

We'd been recommended the breakfasts at Smokey Joe's diner near Blackwater, so we headed that way and had a pleasant enough late breakfast. Truro was next. The traffic in town was murder, but having miraculously managed to park the car right outside  the Royal Cornwall Museum, we soon discovered why. The museum is closed for refurbishment until February, so we headed back to St Agnes for some shopping at Presingoll Barns, a factory outlet.

After that we headed into Redruth, where I spent a short time checking out some books in the Centre for Cornwall Studies there, while Mikki picked up some craft materials. Pool market was next, to pick up some new earbuds for Mikki's personal stereo.

We then decided to try Hayle again, for an internet session at Costa Coffee, but the bargain hunters were out in force again, and I refuse to queue for parking, so instead I headed for Lanyon Quoit via the north coast road, to take some atmospheric photos in the sleety rain which had been falling all day. I returned to the car reasonably drenched, so we headed back to the chalet for some food and a couple of films on the box,