After breakfast in Morrison's, we'd arranged to have lunch with friends in St Buryan. We took a slow drive down, and stopped in Sancreed on the way.
I've never found Sancreed church open, though I understand there are some pagan symbols on the rood screen worth seeing, as well as some interesting bench ends. The porch roof has some interesting bosses, so I hope there may also be some Green Man bosses in the church itself.
As the church was closed again, I headed up to the Well instead. Sancreed Well has high levels of radon radiation, causing much of the moss inside the well to glow. People have reported a soporific effect when spending time at the well, so I never spend too long when visiting and it was soon time to head to St Buryan.
We went to the Lamorna Wink for lunch, with good food and conversation. Later in the day we checked out Crean Mill which will be rented by our friends later in the month. We finished the day by driving over to Camborne for a run out to the shops, Hayle still being overrun by traffic for the sales.
